
This morning I woke up with a taste of dislike for someone I have known rather well for a number of years.........me.
Every now and again it just so happens that my own actions, laziness, volume, and capriciousness become abrasive to the core of essential characteristics which I would hope, comprise my true nature.
I don’t like the person I was yesterday, and for no specific reason I can diagnose. I just feel an inner desire to reevaluate my treatment of others, my attitude, selfishness, actions, thoughts, and most of all, my relationship with God.
It feels like a good time to draw up the reins before heading down the road, adjust the bearings, slow the pace, and consult a heavenly compass. Though I may actually be on the right path, I want to ensure I appreciate, share, and learn from life’s experience, rather than simply getting to a destination, having passed by or trampled over people, beauty, things, and knowledge that could have been experienced along the way.
I have felt the butterfly-wing whisperings to soften my heart and draw near to God today. I am grateful for such soft promptings. So, this morning I pray for humility, awareness, forgiveness, and the strength to adjust that I may become as God would have me.
What a wonderful post about receiving personal inspiration on your own personal self and awareness. I love how eloquently you wrote, you shared, you explained and you desired for change. I love you sister. I agree, it is time for a renewal of self. I enjoy and am grateful for Spring for this reason....the reminder of rebirth and renewal on so many levels! Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDelete